Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hush

Judo friend of mine recently did a post on conflict:
"I think that's just plain normal for young adults to have conflicts. You people are young and energetic and so full of hope. You think the world revolves around you, your words should be heard, your stand made clear and you would fight sword with sword if you felt threatened. That's young adults," she said. I fell silent.

"But things will look different after you reach my age, when you start thinking of death. Well, I'm not trying to terrify you but that's just what you do when you're as old as me. Suddenly, all the conflicts and quarrels will look.... meaningless."

"Don't worry too much, things will get better. When the time comes, you will be happy that you've made a wise choice back then. And trust me, you will laugh at yourself when that time comes, for being so....like a young adult," she gave me a big smile after that.

I think this is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you, Horng Eng. You made my day.

No comments: